Monday, July 5, 2010

Adopted Adult Bulldog

Recent Email:

Subject: newly adopted adult bulldog
Name: Kris


Hi,
I just adopted a friends bulldog and have been reading your site. Baxter is 3 and he suffers from chronic ear infections, yellow gunky stinky ears and allergies. I have read your remedies for both and will try both. They had him on a very expensive bulldog food for gas, it is useless. Can you please recommend what I should feed him and how, do you still wet adult food too? Yor site is a god send and I look forward to making Baxter's life a little better and mor comfortable for him..I have a mutt who is so easy I had no idea the care bullies took, but so far I have cleared up alot of his stinky issues..Thanks for the site and I hope to hear from you.
Kris

=================================
Hi Kris!  
All of our bulldogs (and the six strays that came to stay) all eat Purina Dog Chow.  The adults eat DRY  with plenty of water available.  I usually limit the older bulldogs to two or three cups per day.  But they stay chunky.  Nothing looks worse than a skinny bulldog (LOL).  Bulldog puppies need Purina Puppy Chow up to the age of two years (that's what they told me...)

The ear problem sounds like yeast infection and the cleaner is on the web site (puppygal.com) Whenever we rescue a bulldog that has ears with yeast, we keep up the treatment for three weeks after it looks all clear... get yourself a big box of Q-tips and be real careful -- a bulldogs ears and eyes are the only delicate part of a bulldog.

Have fun with your bullie!  And remember, don't laugh at him if he does something bad... they want you to be happy so they will repeat their actions if you laugh.

Follow the current events at http://thepuppygal.blogspot.com  

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment