Monday, August 23, 2010

Buck-buck is back! Deer love my roses...

Last year, the deer ate our roses, tulips, tomatoes, etc. The mama deer usually brought her male offspring with her.  I named him buck-buck (I don't know any deer names other than Bambi) and he became a regular visitor.  He would look at me as I walked the dogs with disinterest -- and continue to munch on the salad bowl that was provided.

This morning was the first time I spotted him this year.  My, what a sight! His coat is darker and he has grown antlers (6 prongs?).  He watched me drink my coffee on the back porch, wagged his white tail, and showed me his girlfriend standing in the tall weeds. She was shy but very tall and stately.  I called to Sweet T. Pie to come into the house and not disturb them.

I caught him looking for tomatoes. Looks like we'll have some little spotted ones come spring (deer not tomatoes).

No comments:

Post a Comment