Saturday, April 10, 2010

Puppy Gal's New Beginning


This Blog is for Judy. She and I were together for twenty three years -- raising English bulldogs for the last fourteen years. It was a happy time. She was a beautiful, cheerful, loving woman that had a large following with her Judy's Journal. Judy lived for adventure: we toured the jungles of Yucatan; the hills of San Francisco; the native markets of Progresso; the deserted islands in the Bahamas; the street vendors in D. C.; and the flower gardens of Mississippi. She found joy in talking to strangers and listening to their life stories. She never knew how much she affected the lives of readers.

We have placed bulldogs all over the United States but mostly in the central states. Each puppy has been raised by Judy and myself in our kitchen. I will have a few litters a year to offset the dog food bill and fill the requests for puppies.

The blog will keep you up to date on events here at Dogwood Pond and recount some of the Lucy moments that Judy lived.

Bob

6 comments:

  1. Bob, I had no idea that Judy had passed. Charles, and Precious and I send you all our love. You and Judy changed our life for the better. Precious is now a big sister (now at age 6.5 years, daughter of Charlotte and Pepper Jack) to our human baby, Oscar, who is 5 months old. Precious is great with him. Anyway, we will enjoy reading your journal here. Lots of love, Tristin Aaron in Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Bob,
    I came across the sight a few months ago. I was so drawn to this site. I found myself reading her daily journal and checking out all the pics that she had posted on here. I laughed and also shed some tears. I never knew her nor have I corresponded with her, But, I wanted to tell you how my heart goes out to you. I could tell how much love that ya'll had for each other. I'm glad to see that you are carrying on the legacy. Good luck to you and my prayers are with you.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,
    I am so glad you are writing this blog for Judy. I followed her journal ever since we got Timmy and think this is a wonderful way for you to honor her memory and your love for each other. Thank you so much for Timmy and Maggie. They are both doing well. Let me know if there is ever anything I can do for you.
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Bob,
    I have been reading Judy's journal for the past 8 years since our first bulldog died. Even though I never met her or knew her I felt like she was my friend. Being a dog lover myself I was certainly able to relate to the love she had for her dogs. When I read about her passing I felt terrible. I think about her often and miss her daily adventures. I am glad to see that you are carrying on the blog in her memory.
    My thoughts are with you.
    Cheryl from Indiana


    Cheryl from Indiana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Bob,

    Maggie and I are very sorry to hear about your loss. We remember you and Judy so fondly for bringing Eula (you knew her as Sweet Caroline) into our lives. I'm glad to know you'll be honoring Judy by carrying on your work with the bulldogs.

    Pete F.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Bob, I just found out today about Judy, I used to email with her sometimes and read her blogs. Her stories and experiences were so great. I'd laugh and cry right along with you both. She will dearly be missed.

    Jen from Maryland

    ReplyDelete