Monday, April 26, 2010

The Return of Baby Noel... again!

The day before the storms hit Mississippi and Western Tennessee, Baby Noel ran off into the woods. Even with a gimpy left front paw, she can run as fast as any other bulldog.

Why she ran off, who knows. It's one of those "games" that she plays. She watches me and when my back is turned, she scampers!

After four hours of searching, (with help from the three ditch puppies) we all gave up... No Baby.

That night when the storms hit, the crew and I went searching again but gave up -- hoping that she had found a dry place to stay. Off and on over the next two days, we would search and call but no puppy.

Tonight as I was backing out of the driveway, there she was! So I picked her up and into the house we went. A warm towel from the dryer, fresh water and a bowl of Purina Puppy Chow fixed her up. After some puppy loving, she crawled into her bed and said, "Good night... It's good to be home."

No comments:

Post a Comment